Terms Navigation:General Terms
Domain Registration Agreement
Reward Points Terms
The following is a mutually agreed-upon contract between WebHostingPad and all customers, affiliates, subscribers, clients, or anyone using WebHostingPad’s services, henceforth referred to as “you”. The spirit of these terms is to ensure you and all customers are using WebHostingPad services with due regard to the rights of other internet users and in conformity with the requirements of WebHostingPad’s network environment.
The terms of service are not exhaustive, and WebHostingPad reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provisions set forth at any time, without notice, effective upon posting to WebHostingPad.com. These terms supersede any other agreement, whether it be written, oral, or by conduct, unless expressly agreed to the contrary in signed writing by an authorized representative of WebHostingPad. Unless otherwise stated, all sections of these terms apply universally, and cover all other sections of this agreement, regardless of placement, formatting, URL, or numbering.
Nothing in this agreement will be construed as created a partnership or relationship of employer and employee, principal and agent, partnership, or joint venture between WebHostingPad and its customers. Each WebHostingPad and its customers are deemed an independent contractor at all times and has no right or authority to assume or create any obligation on behalf of the other unless expressly provided herein.
These terms and all agreements for WebHostingPad services will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, USA. Any litigation or arbitration between a customer and WebHostingPad will take place in Illinois, and the customer will consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in that jurisdiction. If any provision or portion of these terms of service or other WebHostingPad agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of these terms of service or the agreement will continue in full force and effect.
We urge you to check these terms regularly and keep yourself informed. Any reports of a customer violating these terms should be addressed to email@example.com
- WebHostingPad does NOT trade, rent, or sell your personal information to any other organization or third party.
- WebHostingPad may share your information with another company or organization in cases where it is necessary to do so to provide service. For example, WebHostingPad will provide Enom with your email address and domain information, to facilitate and make possible the process of registering a domain. WebHostingPad only shares your information with trusted product and service partners or service providers, never advertisers.
- In the event WebHostingPad receives a subpoena or an official request from a law enforcement agency, WebHostingPad will fully cooperate with law enforcement and provide any and all information required, including, but not limited to, contact information, billing information, emails, site files, or other pertinent data. WebHostingPad is not responsible for any loss of data that occurs as a result of a subpoena or involvement of law enforcement.
- WebHostingPad reserves the right to use, share, or otherwise utilize your information in the event that it is necessary to address a threat against WebHostingPad, its services, or its users, such as in the case of a DDoS attack.
WebHostingPad has structured its website so that, in general, you can visit it online without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
- For Prospective and Existing Customers
Once you choose to provide WebHostingPad with personal identifying information, WebHostingPad will only use this information to support your relationship with WebHostingPad, and no one or nothing else.
- Internal Use
- WebHostingPad may use data gathered from its website analytics, such as IP addresses, to help diagnose problems with and improve our servers or other internal services.
- WebHostingPad will use any data provided by your use of the support ticket system to respond to and help resolve your issue. For example, the email address you provide will be used to respond to your inquiry, and your main domain will be used to look up your account in the internal system to help diagnose and resolve the issue. Any passwords or other proprietary information you provide will be limited to internal systems only, and will be discarded after your ticket is closed or your problem is resolved.
- In the event that your password was changed during the process of a support ticket, chat, or call, WebHostingPad strongly suggests, upon resolution of the issue, that you change your password to something secure as soon as possible. Secure passwords include upper and lowercase letters, numbers, special characters, and no personal information or dictionary words.
WebHostingPad has security measures in place to help prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under its control. When you place an order online, your information, including your credit card number, is protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. This encrypts order data and is designed to aid in ensuring the accuracy and security of all customer information.
- Social Media and Third Party Sites
- WebHostingPad uses and links to a variety of social media websites. WebHostingPad has no control over these social media sites’ privacy policies, and is not responsible for any personal information collected by them. WebHostingPad will never require you to visit or use any of these social media sites to use WebHostingPad services.
- WebHostingPad may occasionally link to third-party, separately owned websites and companies. WebHostingPad has no control over, and is not liable for, any of the actions of the third-party website or company, nor is WebHostingPad liable for any information compromised by a third party website. WebHostingPad will not intentionally link you to a malicious website. Please contact WebHostingPad if you believe you were linked to a malicious page from somewhere on our website, so that our developer may investigate and correct any broken or incorrect links.
- Cookies and Tracking
- Domain Privacy
In certain cases, to comply with ICANN policy, the information you provided during the registration process for a domain will be made publicly available through a WHOIS search. WebHostingPad is not responsible for any communications received through use of public WHOIS records to attain your information. You may purchase Domain Privacy to prevent or remove your information from the public WHOIS database. For more information regarding Domain Privacy, see WebHostingPad’s Domain Registration Terms.