Terms Navigation:General Terms
Domain Registration Agreement
Reward Points Terms
The following terms are an agreement between WebHostingPad, Enom (serving as WebHostingPad’s registrar), the International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the individual TLD delegations, and all customers, affiliates, subscribers, clients, or anyone using WebHostingPad’s services, henceforth referred to as “you”. For a more exhaustive list of terms, please refer to Enom’s terms of service, ICANN policy, and the individual TLD delegations for policies and procedures that may apply to your domain(s).
The terms of service are not exhaustive, and WebHostingPad reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provisions set forth at any time, without notice, effective upon posting to WebHostingPad.com. These terms supersede any other agreement, whether it be written, oral, or by conduct, unless expressly agreed to the contrary in signed writing by an authorized representative of WebHostingPad. Unless otherwise stated, all sections of these terms apply universally, and cover all other sections of this agreement, regardless of placement, formatting, URL, or numbering.
Nothing in this agreement will be construed as created a partnership or relationship of employer and employee, principal and agent, partnership, or joint venture between WebHostingPad and its customers. Each WebHostingPad and its customers are deemed an independent contractor at all times and has no right or authority to assume or create any obligation on behalf of the other unless expressly provided herein.
These terms and all agreements for WebHostingPad services will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, USA. Any litigation or arbitration between a customer and WebHostingPad will take place in Illinois, and the customer will consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in that jurisdiction. If any provision or portion of these terms of service or other WebHostingPad agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of these terms of service or the agreement will continue in full force and effect.
We urge you to check these terms regularly and keep yourself informed. Any reports of a customer violating these terms should be addressed to email@example.com
Domain Registration AgreementJump to:
- WebHostingPad's Role
WebHostingPad is not the sole owner of domain names, nor the sole governing body of domain names, nor does WebHostingPad hold any definitive power over domain names. WebHostingPad, as all hosts and registrars, is subject to, and powerless to influence, ICANN policy. WebHostingPad is a reseller of Enom, and is subject to, and powerless to influence, Enom’s terms of service. You are subject to the TLD delegations’ regulations and control, with the understanding that WebHostingPad has absolutely no influence over them or the policies they set forth. In laymen’s terms, WebHostingPad is the middleman. We cannot restore your domain to you no more than we can “steal” it from you in the first place.
- Required Registration Information
In accordance with ICANN policy, you are required to provide, as the domain registrant and as part of the domain registration process, the following accurate and up-to-date information:
- Your full name and postal address;
- The domain you are requesting;
- The name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and fax number (if available) of the administrative contact for the domain you are requesting;
- The name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and fax number (if available) of the technical contact for the domain you are requesting;
- The name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and fax number (if available) of the billing contact for the domain you are requesting. In addition, you agree that WebHostingPad, in accordance with ICANN policy, will record and retain the following accurate and up-to-date information:
- The creation date of the domain registration;
- The date and time of the registration submission from you to WebHostingPad and from WebHostingPad to the registry;
- Any communications, either physical or electronic, consisting of information about the registration, including orders, modifications, or terminations;
- Account records regarding your domain registration, including any dates, charges, and refunds;
- All information listed in §§ 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5;
- The IP addresses and names of any nameservers for the domain;
- The domain registration’s expiration date;
- Any other information regarding communications or activity between WebHostingPad and you regarding the domain registration and any services related to it. In accordance with ICANN’s policy, you agree that WebHostingPad will disclose any registration information to ICANN, Enom, or relevant domain registration companies involved, with the understanding that they may establish their own guidelines for public or private disclosure of this information. Refer to ICANN, Enom, or the company or organization involved for their terms and purpose of acquisition for this information.
WebHostingPad reserves the right to cancel any domain if you fail to provide accurate and up-to-date information. WebHostingPad is not liable for any problems, cancellations, or actions taken as a result of incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information.
- Payment and Registration
- Payment of all charges and fees is a condition of the domain registration. You agree to pay any and all costs associated with the domain registration before the domain is registered.
- All domain registration and renewal charges are final and non-refundable with the sole exception of § 3.3. WebHostingPad will not, and has no obligation to, refund you for any reason regarding your domain registration, including, but not limited to, typos or mis-spelling your domain name, account suspensions, account cancellations, or transfers.
- In the event that your domain registration is submitted to WebHostingPad, but WebHostingPad is not able to register your domain, for any reason, including, but not limited to, premium domains, unavailable domains, duplicate domains, or unavailable TLDs, WebHostingPad will refund you any charges associated with the domain registration, at WebHostingPad’s sole discretion.
- WebHostingPad, in accordance with ICANN policy, reserves the right to refuse to register duplicate domains or domain registrations.
- Certain TLDs have requirements that all websites hosted on any domain with that TLD must meet, such as how .edu domains are reserved for educational institutions. These requirements are determined solely by the individual organization or group governing that TLD, referred to here as “delegations”. WebHostingPad has no control or influence over these delegations’ rules and regulations, and plays no part in any determinations regarding the TLD’s use. You are responsible for adhering to the relevant delegation’s regulations, and must provide any verifying information requested by the delegation. Please refer to IANA’s domain database for further information regarding the TLD delegations.
- Free Domain Offer
WebHostingPad offers 1 free domain name registration to new customers who order a hosting account.
- This free domain is valid for 1 year of domain registration, and must be used with the “FREEDOMAIN” coupon code.
- The “FREEDOMAIN” coupon code must be used at the time of sign-up, in conjunction with a domain registration in your cart, for this offer to be honored.
- The “FREEDOMAIN” coupon code has a maximum value of $14.95. Any domain registered that exceeds this amount will not be free and the customer is responsible for paying any cost exceeding $14.95.
- The “FREEDOMAIN” coupon code cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon code, special offer, or discount.
- Domain transfers or additional domain registrations are eligible for the free domain offer if requested within the first 30 days of sign-up, and if the “FREEDOMAIN” coupon code was not already used on your account.
- After the first year, domains are priced and renewed at the regular yearly domain registration rate.
- If you previously took advantage of a free domain for life offer and you upgrade to a new pricing package, it voids the offer, and that domain is no longer free for life.
- Domain name registrations are set to automatically renew for the same term length as the initial purchase, to avoid interruption of service or loss of domain. You hereby agree to allow WebHostingPad to automatically renew your domain name and charge your account accordingly, unless a cancellation of your domain has been submitted.
- Any and all renewal fees are your sole responsibility. Failure to pay renewal fees by their due date will void your registration, and any and all rights you held to the domain.
- Enom may change the renewal rate of a domain or TLD at any time, at their sole discretion, without the input or notification of WebHostingPad. WebHostingPad is not responsible for any changes in price or the loss of a domain name due to refusal to pay the updated price.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure the domain is renewed successfully. WebHostingPad sends out renewal notices as a courtesy only. WebHostingPad is not, under any circumstances, liable for any lost or expired domain names.
- In the event your domain name is not renewed, the domain will go into redemption. Enom defines the policies and procedures of this redemption period, without the input or control of WebHostingPad, and WebHostingPad will not offer any form of compensation for any fees Enom sets forth. Enom may charge up to a $150 redemption fee to recover the domain name. You are solely responsible for this fee.
- In the event you want to cancel your domain (i.e. let it expire), you may do so at any time by logging into your client area, locating in the header Services > My Services, and selecting the option to disable auto-renew on the domain. Your domain will expire at the end of your billing cycle, and you will not be billed further. Alternatively, you may contact WebHostingPad to request this at any time.
- If you choose not to renew your domain, you understand and accept that at the end of your billing cycle, you will relinquish all control of your domain, including any domain-related services you may have applied or purchased, the redirection of users typing in that domain to its associated website, and any rights to use that domain. You understand and accept that Enom or any equivalent domain name registrar has the right to sell your domain to another person, after which it will not be available for re-acquisition under any circumstances. You understand and accept that, upon expiration of your domain, its ownership reverts to Enom and not WebHostingPad, and WebHostingPad may have limited or no power to reclaim, restore, or otherwise affect your domain name. Enom is the sole determiner of any and all aspects of your domain, and may resell it, withhold it from registration, charge fees for its reacquisition, and/or impose other regulations, none of which WebHostingPad has any effect or control over.
- WebHostingPad reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or transfer your domain in the event that:
- Your domain has expired, regardless of your intention or lack thereof to let it do so;
- You or the domain are in violation of this agreement;
- The domain is in violation of Enom’s terms of service, ICANN policy, or the relevant TLD delegation’s rules and regulations;
- The domain is infringing on someone’s rights;
- Mistakes regarding the registration of the domain need to be corrected, at WebHostingPad’s sole discretion, or;
- WebHostingPad receives an authenticated subpoena or order from a governing jurisdiction to suspend, cancel, or transfer the domain.
- WebHostingPad reserves the right to put our information in the WHOIS directory for any expired domain, regardless of previous domain privacy status.
- In the event your domain expires, your account is suspended or terminated, or any relevant change in the status of your account or domain occurs, whether initiated by you or not, WebHostingPad reserves the right to redirect your domain to a web page owned and created by WebHostingPad, which may contain ads for, or the logo and/or promotional material of, WebHostingPad, and may state the reason for the redirection, such as “This domain has expired.”
- Registrant Transfer
- ICANN requires any domain name being transferred to extend its registration an additional year. You are solely responsible for any charges associated with this extension.
- Upon successful transfer of a domain to WebHostingPad, you remain the registrant of the domain and will be able to manage your domain through WebHostingPad’s account manager.
- A domain may fail to transfer to WebHostingPad. WebHostingPad is not liable for a domain name’s failure to transfer, failure to renew, or any interruption of service that occurs due to this failure. Reasons a domain name may fail to transfer include, but are not limited to:
- The current registrar rejecting the transfer;
- The original registration happened less than 60 days prior to the transfer request;
- The domain name is locked;
- The domain name is expired;
- The WhoIs Administrative Contact did not reply to the transfer verification email.
- In the event you want to transfer your domain name to another registrar from WebHostingPad, you must contact the gaining registrar for the exact steps to transfer the domain. Each registrar has its own specific rules and procedures that must be followed to transfer a domain name. It is your sole responsibility to follow these rules and procedures. WebHostingPad is not liable for a domain’s failure to transfer to another registrar, and has no influence over the rules another registrar chooses to impose, nor the actions another registrar takes during the transfer.
- WebHostingPad’s DNS Department is only open Monday through Friday, during normal business hours, defined as 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., in Central Standard Time. WebHostingPad is not responsible for manually providing EPP codes outside of normal business hours. If you require your EPP code outside of WebHostingPad’s DNS Department hours, it can be located by logging into your client area, navigating to Domains > My Domains, clicking the wrench next to the domain you require the EPP code for, and clicking “Get EPP Code” on the sidebar on the left, under Manage.
- WebHostingPad cannot, due to ICANN policy, release a domain name if it falls within any of the following categories:
- The domain name was registered less than 60 days ago;
- The domain name was renewed less than 60 days ago;
- The domain name’s email address was changed less than 60 days ago;
- This includes email changes for the purpose of regaining access to the domain;
- The domain’s registrar was updated less than 60 days ago;
- Domain privacy was not removed 60+ days ago;
- The domain name is within 7 days of expiration;
- The domain name is expired.
By taking part in the domain registration process, you understand and agree that WebHostingPad has absolutely no influence over ICANN policy, or over domain names locked by ICANN due to falling within one of the above categories. At the end of the 60-day waiting period, ICANN will unlock the domain and WebHostingPad regains the power to release the EPP code and complete the transfer. The guidelines in § 7.6 are determined solely by ICANN, and are irrefutable and inarguable, by WebHostingPad or by anyone else.
- In the event evidence of fraud is discovered, WebHostingPad reserves the right to cancel or deny transfer to any domain associated with your account, at WebHostingPad’s sole discretion, until such a time that the fraud is investigated, or permanently.
- You are not entitled to, and WebHostingPad is not responsible for paying out, any amount of compensation or refund for a domain name transferred to another registrar. All payment for domain names is non-refundable unless otherwise stated, regardless of changes in registrar, registrant, or any change whatsoever.
- In the event that you are registering a domain in another person’s name, and listing that person as the registrant, or in the event that you change the registrant at a later date, you warrant that you have the authority to bind that person to this agreement, and you furthermore understand and agree that the listed registrant has the power to transfer the domain to another registrar, with or without your consent, at any time while they are listed as registrant.
- In the event you are requesting a change in registrant, you authorize WebHostingPad to act as a designated agent to facilitate and approve the change of registrant on behalf of the former registrant and the new registrant, as consistent with ICANN policy.
- Disputes and Chargebacks
- All terms set forth in § 8 of WebHostingPad’s Billing Policy are applicable to domain names.
- In the event WebHostingPad receives a chargeback for any charge associated with your domain, WebHostingPad and/or Enom reserve the right to sell or otherwise make available for purchase your domain, with the understanding that upon filing a chargeback, you ceded all rights to your domain and its ownership reverted back to Enom.
- In the event WebHostingPad receives a chargeback for any charge not associated with your domain, WebHostingPad reserves the right to cancel your account, with all associated results of cancellation, and cannot guarantee the status of your domain following cancellation, including, but not limited to, a locked domain, loss or interruption of service, expiration or failure to renew, and change in ownership and/or access to your domain.
- WebHostingPad is in no way liable for domain disputes, nor the development of domain dispute policy, which is controlled and modified solely by ICANN, with absolutely no input from or regard to WebHostingPad. You hereby agree that, should a domain dispute arise, you will indemnify and hold harmless WebHostingPad.
- Domain Privacy
- Upon purchasing WebHostingPad’s domain privacy service, you agree that your registration information will be replaced in WHOIS with WebHostingPad’s information.
- Purchasing domain privacy does not absolve you from providing accurate registration information, from any legal disputes arising regarding your domain or account, or from any and all charges associated with your domain or account. You are still responsible for these requirements.
- You agree that any and all communications found via WHOIS information will be sent to WebHostingPad’s domain privacy contact information in lieu of your own. You furthermore agree that WebHostingPad reserves the right to open, delete, read, sort, or forward any communication it receives, at its sole discretion and on an individual basis. WebHostingPad may forward any communication received to you, at its sole discretion, but is under no obligation to do so. WebHostingPad will not forward spam, junk mail, or phone calls to you.
- If the domain you have purchased domain privacy for is transferred to another registrar, the domain privacy will automatically cease and all of its services will no longer be in effect. No refunds will be given for unused domain privacy service.
- In the event you fail to renew your domain privacy, your domain privacy will expire, and your domain name and contact information will be subject to listing in all public WHOIS searches and databases.
- WebHostingPad will reveal any information protected by domain privacy in the following circumstances:
- WebHostingPad receives and official subpoena or other verified method of contact from a law enforcement agency requesting such information;
- To comply with ICANN policy;
- To resolve or prevent a dispute;
- If you break these terms of service, or ICANN policy, or Enom’s terms of service, or the TLD delegations’ regulations;
- If you are abusing domain privacy and its services, at WebHostingPad’s sole discretion;
- To avoid legal liability or financial loss on behalf of WebHostingPad;
- To prevent or stop inappropriate use of the domain, including, but not limited to, illegal activity, fraud, doxxing, hate crimes, acts of terrorism, child pornography, harm to minors, and virus distribution.
- Premium Domains
- Enom, at its sole discretion and without input from WebHostingPad, may designate certain domain names as “premium” domains, which raises their price significantly. Enom’s automated domain name selection system is unable to detect price changes for premium domains, so attempting to register one will misprice the invoice. WebHostingPad, as a separate entity, is not responsible for, and has no control over, the misprice, the true price, a domain’s designation as “premium”, or the automated domain name selection system.
- In the event that you attempt to register a domain that Enom has designated as “premium”, WebHostingPad will inform you of the domain’s premium status and the new price, as determined by Enom. If you choose to register the premium domain, Enom requires that you pay the correct premium price, for which WebHostingPad will invoice you. If you choose not to register the premium domain, WebHostingPad will refund you the mispriced domain registration fee, and you may choose another domain name to register.